The Joomla! Administrator Exam is the first available Joomla! certification exam. It covers topics related to the everyday use of building, managing and maintaining Joomla! websites.
Topics covered by the Joomla! Administrator Exam:
- Joomla! Architecture
- Preparing and installing Joomla!
- Website Structure
- Managing and Editing Articles
- Managing Users and Access (ACL)
- Managing Menus
- Security and Maintenance
- Upgrading the System
- Managing Extensions
- Multilingual Sites
- No PHP, CSS or FTP knowledge necessary
For more information, please visit the official Joomla! Certificate site https://certification.joomla.org
You must bring your own laptop to sit the exam. Please ensure your system meets the minimum technical requirements as follows:
- Supported Windows platforms: Windows 7 and above
- Supported OS X platforms: 10.7 and above
- 2GB RAM
- Wireless Internet Connection (at least 1Mbps - provided via the venue but please ensure you have wireless functionality)
* Linux is currently not supported because a Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is not available for Linux. Similarly, iPads and Android tablets are not supported.
- Once an exam has been announced, visit https://exam.joomla.org/buy to create an account.
- The global base list price of an exam is USD$100. However, the Australian price is set at USD$55. A coupon code will be provided which must be used during the exam purchase process to have USD$45 deducted from the global price.
The provided code will be for a specific exam - if you try to use it on a different event, your enrolment will be suspended. So do not purchase an exam until you are 100% ready to sit for it.
- You must bring your own Windows or OS X device to sit the exam. After purchasing the exam, you will be instructed to install the Safe Exam Browser (SEB). The link to install this is available via your login at exam.joomla.org (see step 1). There will be a session prior to your exam to ensure you have done this correctly.
- Exams will be available to purchase until 2 days prior to the exam date. You will not be able to purchase exams on the day.
What to Know
- Make sure you study! Even if you've been using Joomla! since the early days, it doesn't mean the exam will be easy to pass.
- The exam covers core Joomla! material only, no 3rd party extensions. If you aren't up to speed on things like core templates, TinyMCE, multi-language or ACL, it's time to get studying.
- There is a demo exam available at exam.joomla.org (once you've registered an account) - however, this only demonstrates the exam format, not actual questions. The best way to study is to utilise the Learning Guide.
- The exam consists of 60 questions in 90 minutes. Some questions are true/false, some are multiple choice format. Many questions require you to "select all that apply" to get that answer correct.
- The required pass rate is 80%.
- You will be notified of your results as soon as you submit your answers. If you pass, you will appear in the Joomla! Certified User Directory (so choose a nice photo!).
Here is a good article that outlines the personal experience of an attendee at JoomlaDay Tampa in February: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/joomla-certification
And here is a presentation from #JAB17 which outlines the program - Everything you need to know about Joomla! Certification