Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Notice of resignation and call for new JUG convenor

Notice of resignation and call for new JUG convenor 3 months 6 days ago #8367

• princessfiona
  • Thank you received: 3
Dear Fellow Joomla-lovers,

As many of you may know, I established the Joomla User Group Canberra way back in March 2007. I have now made the difficult decision to step down from the convenor role.

In announcing my retirement, I would like to put the call out to our community and give the opportunity for someone to step up and take on the convenor role.

The last 10 years have seen JUG Canberra grow from humble beginnings in a Lyneham coffee shop. Now our group is supported by sponsorship from The Tradies in Dickson and we enjoy the salubrious environment of the board room.

People have come and people have gone from our JUG - but through it all, there has been a core group of loyal supporters. I dare not mention names for fear of missing someone! Suffice it to say, I am grateful to you all for your support.

I want to thank all of the people who stepped up to give talks and provide such lively and useful insights and discussion.

My last meeting will be the November meet-up on Tuesday 7th at 6:30pm. As usual, a few of us will meet at 5:30pm in the Bistro for dinner or a drink. Please join us to celebrate what has been a significant decade. My effective date of finishing up in this role will be the end of this meeting.

Finally, if you would like to take on the role of convenor, please get in touch with me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 0408 319 796.

Rene

Irene Sutherland
Convenor
Joomla User Group Canberra
princessfiona
Co-convenor Canberra Joomla! User Group
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by princessfiona. Reason: Add the following to the end of the second last paragraph: "My effective date of finishing up in this role will be the end of this meeting."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tuum, sozzled

Notice of resignation and call for new JUG convenor 3 months 6 days ago #8368

• tuum
  • Thank you received: 60
Thank you Rene for all your hard work over the years. I'm sure you've inspired and encouraged many people to share your passion for Joomla. As the longest serving JUG leader in Australia you definitely deserve a break.
I highly encourage one of the Canberra Members to consider taking on the convenor role so that we can see the Joomla User Group Canberra continue for many years to come. No experience necessary, and I'm happy to offer any advice or support I can.

Regards

Tim Plummer
Joomla User Group Sydney Convenor
Follow me on twitter twitter.com/bfsurvey
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: princessfiona
Moderators: princessfiona, sozzled
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds