Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Contract or Permanent Work for Joomla/AWS reconfiguration

Contract or Permanent Work for Joomla/AWS reconfiguration 11 months 1 week ago #8041

• dstjames
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
As I'm leaving the company I've been with for 13 years for "greener pastures" they are looking for someone on a contract or permanent basis who will be able to inherit the setup I've left of some 120+ Joomla and several Wordpress websites running on AWS/PHP7/Apache with Cloudflare, Serverpilot, Skeddly and a dozen other tools on the side.

At the moment, all sites are stock-standard Joomla on the regular update cycle, largely updated and monitored via Watchful, Opsgenie and Statuscake.

What they'll be after is someone who can not only walk in and inherit this (with a dedicated Joomla/PHP developer in-house to work with you) and then take it to the next level by introducing Autoscaling, moving Joomla to a more static page-serving setup with a shared backend and databases off on their own servers.

We've previously autoscaled our high-volume and high-traffic Joomla sites with Rackspace, but autoscaling involved running rsync/lsync, which with sites as big as 6GB was taking up to 2 hours to complete. This would be somewhat quicker on AWS, but still we know there will be a better way of doing it.

If you know how to do this or how to find the right person/people to do it, drop me a line and I'll hook you up with our General Manager who is keen to replace me sooner rather than later as I finish up in late February 2017.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Check out the company at www.grantbroadcasters.com.au
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds