Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options

Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options 4 years 1 month ago #7220

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Having heard Max's excellent presentations on Mijoshop I have taken the plunge.

All is going well but being new to Mijo and Opencart I have struck an issue with product options for a client selling mainly clothing. If I include both size and colour for the one item then I only seem to have proper stock control for one of the options. For instance if he sells a green medium jacket then we really need the system to adjust to one less green medium jacket, not just a medium jacket only.

I have looked for opencart extensions and landed on Open Stock as a possible solution. Has anyone else gone down this path as I'm wondering just how compatible this is going to be with Mijoshop and whether there better options available?

www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extensi...arch=stock%20control

Cheers

Cameron
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Cameron S. Reason: Added link
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options 4 years 1 month ago #7221

• MaxTech
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey Cameron ... there's quite a few options suitable for t-shirt sales and stock control based on options.

We've done this for a number of clients ... but the requirements are almost always different ... so hard to recommend the be all and end all product to meet your particular specifications.

Have check of the reviews and ratings, how current the updates are and that it's recently updated ... if the extension looks good on these attributes and it meets your requirements you should be good to go.

General tip: also check the extra plugins, mods and extensions the Mijoshop guys have in their download area ... all sorts of goodies to make your life easier, along with the instructions of course :)
Founder & CEO @ molehill.com.au & successeng.in
Partner @ joostrap.com - Joomla! Website Templates & Responsive Web Design
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cameron S

Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options 4 years 1 month ago #7222

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Max.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The primary reason for asking was a concern about conflicts with Mijoshop.

For instance the Stock Control extension talks about "The reworked administrator product area makes managing product options easy."

I'm more than happy with the Mijoshop Admin Product area so wasn't keen on having that altered but will probably have to bite the bullet. Not having great php skills the more out of the box it is the better at this stage.

Cheers

Cameron

Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options 4 years 1 month ago #7224

• MaxTech
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi Cameron,

I don;t think you'd find any problem with this .... the Mijoshop backend is the same as Opencart ... so you should be OK.

I look at it this way .... any Opencart thing that has to do with the presentation layer (the pretty bits) will quite possibly not work with Mijoshop. The other bits, which deal specifically with the eCommerce funcitonality, including extra product fields, admin area, etc most likely will work ... as it's at the code level ... not the presentation layer.

... or like a house .... if is has to do with the stuff at the plasterboard layer inwards you should be OK ... but once you start putting on paint, wallpaper, etc you'll run into problems.

If you have any issues lodge a ticket with the Mijo chaps first, extension dev second .... what you are paying for at Mijo is the support ... and their pretty good :) But if you grasp the concepts from above, you should be OK.

Hope that helps with your decision making.
Founder & CEO @ molehill.com.au & successeng.in
Partner @ joostrap.com - Joomla! Website Templates & Responsive Web Design

Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options 4 years 1 month ago #7226

• Jennifer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Max that's a good explanation - thanks for that.

Suggestions for Mijoshop stock options 4 years 1 month ago #7227

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Max,

Thanks for that, helps a lot. I was about to take the plunge with Open Stock and went to their website. Lost a little confidence when I saw this;

help.welfordmedia.co.uk/discussions/openstock/FM-625857

Why on earth you would leave a client's login details up on an open forum, even if the mistake was entirely his, is a little disconcerting.

In my case being mindful of the capabilities of the client, and the fact there are only 2 to 3 colour options for most of the items, I am considering just entering each colour variation as a separate item and have sizing as the only option the customer deals with. Will do a little more exploring first though.

I have been enjoying Mijoshop. Hopefully the developers keep it going strong.

Cheers

Cameron
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds