Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Script needed

Script needed 1 year 1 week ago #7981

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I trust everyone is well. Certainly has been quiet here for a while.
My brother is looking for some script for a website. He has said: "looking for a script that would automate the generation of passwords for yrs 2-4 at the the school where I work. At the moment it is done semi-automatically and is labourious and time consuming."
I am not even certain if this is the right forum, but I figured you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.
I have attached a flow chart to help with the process of finding the right help.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Attachments:
Jenny McWilliam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Script needed 1 year 1 week ago #7982

• tuum
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Jenny,
Assuming this is a Joomla site, the extension User Enhancement Manager (UE Man) has a user import feature, which has the ability to create accounts and either automatically generate passwords, or set passwords based on a field in the CSV file you are importing.
ueapps.co/documentation/import-users

Note that passwords in CSV can be entered in plain text, and they will be encrypted on import.

Full disclaimer, I'm one of the developers of UE Man.

regards

Tim
Follow me on twitter twitter.com/bfsurvey

Script needed 1 year 1 week ago #7989

• rsearle
  • I build and integrate serious business web applications using the best free open source platforms
  • Thank you received: 25
FWIW, the JUserHelper class has had a genRandomPassword method since Joomla! Platform 11.1. It wouldn't be too hard to call this based on a switch set on the password Options tab of the admin Users Options dialogue.

Cheers,

Russell
Psicom
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by rsearle. Reason: Typo
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds