Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Update table issues

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7624

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Guys,
I am dealing with the same issue for the second time and don't know what is wrong that I have the problem again (or even the 1st time!). The message reads. "1146 - Table 's1054206_jos1.k5q7m_updates' doesn't exist SQL=TRUNCATE TABLE k5q7m_updates". Why I know none of you will have that specific message, because it relates to my specific tables, has anyone had a similar problem? What is causing it and how do I fix it? Last time I just restored the last backup. Last time was 7 days ago, and here I am with the same issue again - restoring the last backup again! A google search did not give me much info. A forum suggested I reload Joomla but I could not do that - for whatever reason it would not load.
Love to hear your comments.
Thanks in advance.
Blessings
Jenny
Jenny McWilliam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7625

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
Should have added. Using Joomla 3.4.1. PHP 5.4.40. Cpanel on shared sever (Uber)
Jenny McWilliam

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7626

• tuum
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi Jenny,
The error indicates that the update table doesn't exist in your database. So what I would do is manually create it using phpMyAdmin
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `k5q7m_updates` (
  `update_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `update_site_id` int(11) DEFAULT '0',
  `extension_id` int(11) DEFAULT '0',
  `name` varchar(100) DEFAULT '',
  `description` text NOT NULL,
  `element` varchar(100) DEFAULT '',
  `type` varchar(20) DEFAULT '',
  `folder` varchar(20) DEFAULT '',
  `client_id` tinyint(3) DEFAULT '0',
  `version` varchar(32) DEFAULT '',
  `data` text NOT NULL,
  `detailsurl` text NOT NULL,
  `infourl` text NOT NULL,
  `extra_query` varchar(1000) DEFAULT '',
  PRIMARY KEY (`update_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='Available Updates' AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;
Follow me on twitter twitter.com/bfsurvey
The following user(s) said Thank You: jennymac

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7627

• rsearle
  • Expert Boarder
  • I build and integrate serious business web applications using the best free open source platforms
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi Jenny,

That is a simple native system table named #__updates, and the SQL query is trying to empty it. The table is one of the set of tables handled by the Joomla! package and extension updater. From the looks of it, whenever the admin console checks for available updates it loads them into the #__updates table, and the table would later be cleared when each update in it is downloaded and successfully applied. It would also be cleared when you purge the updates. So it would not be a problem for the table to be empty. However, it should exist. Something in your system may have been deleting it, for some unknown reason. I would imagine that only some kind of administrator tools extension or plugin would have any business doing that, possibly on the basis of some kind of automated clean-up setting.

You could try this:

• In the admin console, go to Extension Manager
  • Choose the Updates tab
  • Hit the Find Updates button. Amongst other things, that should recreate the table (but it might also throw an error if the function assumes that the table exists)

Good luck,

Russell
Psicom

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7628

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
Got the error message :(
Going to try Tim's suggestion of building the table manually.
Thanks for your quick reply.
After I get it up I will look into why it has deleted itself twice now.
Jenny McWilliam

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7629

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
Poised and ready in phpmyadmin but I really have no idea what I am doing. Where does all the code you so generously gave me go?
Jenny McWilliam

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7630

• Partic
  • Thank you received: 43
Jenny,

Skype me.

There's a tool in Joomla that fixes up the schema for the database, and should repair the table if it's not existing.

Go to Extensions > Extension Manager, then choose Database in the side menu.

It should diagnose if there's issues - like missing tables - and then gives you a Fix button at the top of the screen that will rerun the script.

If that doesn't fix it, then you can use the SQL above - in phpMyAdmin, once you're logged in, click on SQL tab across the top and paste it in and click Go at the bottom.

I can teamviewer in to assist if you're still stuck.

Patrick
Patrick Jackson
www.meetup.com/melbournejug
Ask Anything Joomla and I'll helpfully tell you where to go :)
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Partic.

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7631

• Partic
  • Thank you received: 43
Well that was odd... database was producing an 1005 error on trying to recreate the table, which looks to mean that when the table was somehow removed (have not worked out how that happened) a primary key or foreign key was stuck in the database preventing the table being recreated.

Eventual solution was to create a new database in Cpanel, restore the database from backup, and then change the database information in configuration.php to point to the new database.
Patrick Jackson
www.meetup.com/melbournejug
Ask Anything Joomla and I'll helpfully tell you where to go :)

Update table issues 1 year 10 months ago #7632

• rsearle
  • Expert Boarder
  • I build and integrate serious business web applications using the best free open source platforms
  • Thank you received: 25
In the circumstances I would suspect database corruption or possibly a transaction lock resulting from a crashed extension update. If so, the problem might have been cleared by flushing the database log, and that was effectively achieved when you rebuilt the database.

However, if the issue was the result of a crashed extension update, then it might possibly be reproduced when the next set of extension updates are run. You might try running that now to make sure that your extensions are clean and the database is safe from corruption during updates.

Cheers,

Russell

Update table issues 1 year 9 months ago #7650

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
I think you have hit the nail on the head, Russell. It has happened again. Different table and website, but the same issue.
I really must set up a skeleton like Patrick. I had installed No Number 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I installed Akeeba Pro & Admin Pro, then OS Map then updated CK Template Creator. After that I decided to disable the regular search (why not?) just like we were shown at the MJUG meeting. It was then I noticed the error message and I lost all bar the front page of my site. I am thinking the latest patch for CK Template Creator is the culprit because I had updated it on my husband's business site when I lost it, too. I only have it on 3 sites, and I will uninstall it on my third site because it is going well, rather than update and potentially lose the site! I may be wrong but that is the only common action I can see.

Patrick, can you write down the steps for me to duplicate and overwrite the database like you did before? Thanks :S
Jenny
Jenny McWilliam
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds