Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Joomshaper. Thoughts?

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 1 year 1 week ago #7990

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi all,

I have a client who loves the look of a template from Joomshaper.com . More than happy to oblige but I am a little concerned as they are situated in Bangladesh.

Has anyone else used their templates and if so were there any red flags?

Cheers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 1 year 1 week ago #7991

• manuman
  • Thank you received: 18
We use their Helix3 framework for lower cost sites where bespoke themes are not within budget. It's a more lightweight framework than some of the others and tends to follow Joomla conventions.

That said like any framework driven theme they can be a harder to manipulate unless you are prepared to learn how the framework works.
Co-Founder of Joomla!
CTO/Web Architect - Elastik Space elastik.space / Elastik Digital elastik.digital
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by manuman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozneilau, Cameron S

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 1 year 1 week ago #7994

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
Hi manuman,

Thanks mate, i will take the punt. My last few have been some larger WP projects so it feels good to be back mucking through a Joomla site again even if it means getting the handle on a new framework. Also it will be my first play with SP Page builder.

All good fun.

Cheers

Cameron

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 1 year 1 week ago #7996

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
Another first for me is Owl Carousel which the Joomshaper template uses. Certainly not a deal breaker but if you are not much of a coder this is a little daunting. I'm wondering if I'm missing an interface that might make this easier.

www.owlcarousel.owlgraphic.com/index.html

Ah well in for a penny in for a pound.

Cheers

Edit: Found it. It was near the end of the Page Builder popup. A cursory look through the Joomashaper forum had me thinking ti was more complicated than originally thought.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Cameron S. Reason: Additional information

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 11 months 4 weeks ago #8013

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
Okay the support from this crew does leave a little to be desired. Tried to get some assistance on their forum but it doesn't save the post. Perhaps they are on holiday. Anyway i hopinig someone here might have a clue about the following 404;

I am getting this error when clicking on a link to a course in the Kidzy template;

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `a`.`enabled` = '1' ORDER BY `a`.`created_on` DESC LIMIT 3' at line 3 SQL=SELECT a.* FROM `#__spkgarten_courses` AS `a` WHERE AND `a`.`enabled` = '1' ORDER BY `a`.`created_on` DESC LIMIT 3

It is tagged as a 1064 error.

Cheers

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 11 months 3 weeks ago #8017

• Cameron S
  • Junior Boarder
Ah the beauty about fixes from God. He/she works in mysterious ways. Repaired all by itself.

Big shout out for RSForm Pro. I can't ever remember such a smooth transfer of anything in my time working with Joomla. Forms and submissions went seamlessly and after 3 minutes on the Paypal details and Robert is your father's brother.

Joomshaper. Thoughts? 11 months 3 weeks ago #8029

• buipy001
  • Peter Bui
  • Thank you received: 25
I can vouche for the JoomShaper guys.

Met some of their team members and the owner at Joomla World Conference 2015 in Bangalore. Great crew. They also vowed to sponsor every Joomla event in 2016 and I think they did.

All the big conferences as well as giving away xboxs and what not at the conferences. :)

They have a big support and dev team to help out their customers and have a good vision for how they want to use Joomla and the direction of the company for themselves.
Peter Bui

The only limitation is your imagination
pbwebdev.com

Twitter: twitter.com/astroboysoup
Facebook: facebook.com/pbwebdev
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds