Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Can't install template

Can't install template 1 month 4 weeks ago #8507

hello,

i am trying to install demo quickstart of template, but something goes wrong, installation is loading and loading.
This is the template:
Simone
File actually is too large, 30 MB, maybe that is the issue?
can anyone please help.

thank you
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by static777.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't install template 1 month 4 weeks ago #8508

• Terry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi,

In the back end of your website find your way to the PHP Information and search for the parameter 'upload_max_filesize' and it should have a value express in Mb's that will be the maximum filesize you can upload. To increase it you need to login to your hosting account and change it in the PHP Settings/Selector option of their control panel.

For Joomla 3.x the PHP Information tab is under System->System Information and then the last tab to the right.

Terry
Been working with Joomla for Fun and Work for 10 years.

Can't install template 1 month 1 week ago #8516

• sozzled
  • I'm just a user, mate!
  • Thank you received: 24
As a general principle, most of us who are experienced users of Joomla steer clear of "quickstart" Joomla installations. This includes (among others) scripted installations of Joomla such as Softaculous, Fantastico and Installatron. There are two main reasons for avoiding "quickstart" packages:

(1) Many of them include outdated (and possibly defective) versions of Joomla; and

(2) Many of the "quickstart" template installations include bloatware—features that were added for demonstration purposes, features that operate only in certain environments or features that are totally unnecessary for the well being and good maintenance of a Joomla website.

Having written these general comments, the reputations among some template developers are a mixed bag: there are good template developers and ones that are not so good. Further, many of the quickstart/demo packages—particularly those that are available at zero cost—were created as commissioned works by template development businesses for the specific needs/requirements of paying customers; after recovering the development costs, these businesses then allowed others to download and use those packages. The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies. Many of these quickstart packages come with no guarantees or offers of support unless people pay for support services.

I agree with @Terry that people may have some difficulties uploading large installation packages but, really, a template should not normally be as large as 30 Mbytes! The whole of the base Joomla CMS (that includes four templates) is half that size! In addition, a "quickstart" package cannot be installed like any other extension in Joomla using the Extension Manager; these quickstarts require uploading to a webhost, decompressing them and making them operable by running the same installation procedure as people would use to install Joomla in the first place. In other words, the quickstart package includes the /installation folder (a folder that doesn't exist in a live, operating Joomla website).

While we do our best on this forum to help others, my advice about resolving installation problems regarding "quickstart" packages is to contact the supplier/merchant/developer who built the package(s) and seek their guidance. Furthermore, there's nothing peculiarly quick about "quickstart" packages. It takes me less than 15 minutes to create a Joomla website (from scratch), including the creation of the database, database username, database permissions, etc. from go to whoa to the point where I can login to the frontend and backend of the website.
Read my blog and
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds