Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 1 day ago #8699

• aus4017
  • aus4017's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am rebuilding from scratch my community website, which you can preview at www.new.aus4017.com .
I have added a BLOG app, which users have to be Registered and Logged In to use.
Problem is, when you click on the BLOG menu, it brings up the Blogging Article, which has a Trash option button showing beneath the title. See Red Arrow in attached screenshot.

I have searched endlessly, and cannot find the setting to suppress this. We don't want REgistered/Logged In people trashing other peoples posts.
Can anybody please direct me to the solution.
Thanks in anticipation !

John Wilson
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 1 day ago #8700

• sozzled
  • I'm just a user, mate!
  • Thank you received: 25
I've never seen this before. I have no idea what it's about. What "blog app" did you add? I don't know of any "'blog apps" for J!. Did you see the link to my Skype in your other forum topic? Would you like to talk things over?

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 1 day ago #8701

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you sozzled for your reply. I had a thorough look through the Joomla Extension Directory and the best I could fine was "jaggyblog" which was highly rated by users.
I decided to install it on my new community website currently under construction which you can preview at www.new.aus4017.com . I've restricted Blogging to Registered & Logged In visitors to minimize abuse and have proper control.

It works fine, except for that "Trash" button beneath the Title, and I can't work out how to remove it. The obvious issue would be that Registered/Logged In users could then trash others' postings and all hell would break loose.

Happy to have a chat - I'm an I.T. retiree and you can find out more if you want on Linkedin at: www.linkedin.com/in/johnwilsonl021740 .

Best regards,

John Wilson

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 1 day ago #8702

• sozzled
  • I'm just a user, mate!
Did you read your last post in your other topic? I edited your last post in your other topic. Did you see what I added to your post?

I can chat with you on Skype if you tell me when.

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 1 day ago #8703

• sozzled
  • I'm just a user, mate!
I don't know anything about "jaggyblog". I've never heard of it before. I don't know anyone who has used it.

According to the Joomla Extensions Directory, JaggyBlog was added 10 years ago and last updated five years ago. I would be sceptical that something that pre-dates PHP 7 would be viable with the current version of J! today. Your choice, of course, but who know ...

I know nothing about this extension.

Last edit: by sozzled.

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 10 hours ago #8704

• buipy001
  • Peter Bui
  • Thank you received: 20
Hey John,

As an administrator of the website, when you're logged into the frontend, Joomla, or almost any component, will give you some sort of frontend editing abilities. In this case, I can see that you can create a new post or trash the post.

Create an account as a registered user and see if there is a difference.

A regular registered user shouldn't be able to create to trash posts.

Furthermore, on testing your registration process, it doesn't send an activation email as your mailing function on the site isn't working.

See attached screenshot.
Peter Bui

The only limitation is your imagination
pbwebdev.com

Twitter: twitter.com/astroboysoup
Facebook: facebook.com/pbwebdev

Last edit: by buipy001. Reason: missed a comma, and a letter t and the additional registration process screenshot for send mail function.

Trash button beneath Article Title - How do I remove it ? 6 months 8 hours ago #8705

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
BULLSEYE Peter !
Silly me ! - I forgot I was logged in as an administrator, which is why the "Trash" button appeared.
I signed on again as a Registered visitor, logged in and clicked on BLOG - issue solved !

Thank you buipy001 and sozzled for your help. I haven't been developing in Joomla for couple of years - hence my logic is a bit rusty !

Thanks again guys !

John Wilson

• Page: