Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: VentraIP increases charges due to cPanel increase

VentraIP increases charges due to cPanel increase 3 months 1 week ago #8610

• Terry
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 11
I haven't seen any news from VentraIP about any planned price increase yet. Can you please elaborate on this?

I am on a WHM multi account which is grandfathered with the intention to get 're-sellers' to move to Synergy I suspect, but at the time it suited my needs and with a 50% discount which they keep honouring at renewal times makes it difficult to move away from. :)

Below is the generic part of the email that essentially says $0.15 per account per month which for my sub 20 accounts is no big deal really, but for larger players it could be quite a hit, particularly if they are single sites to an account like I have seen at times when helping other people/agencies out.

Terry
On 27 June 2019 cPanel announced a new Account-based Pricing and Licensing structure to all partners and customers. Prior to this announcement, cPanel licenses were billed at a flat rate for an unlimited number of accounts per server. The new model now includes multiple tiers based on the number of accounts per server. In reality, this new pricing structure is an extreme cost increase, hitting hard for shared and reseller hosting providers globally.

The entire web hosting industry has been very vocal about the impact of these changes with large discussion threads happening on industry related forums such as Web Host Talk, cPanel's own forums and Whirlpool.

Under cPanel's new pay-per-account pricing structure the existing reseller plan that you are on is no longer sustainable at the current recurring price. In order to offset this increase in licensing costs, we have calculated new plan prices using a 15 cent increase per allocated cPanel account for each of our reseller hosting plans.
Technical consulting, problem solving, custom development & programming and making square pegs fit in round holes with Joomla. You can find me at www.irataweb.com.au or 0409 942 896
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Terry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozneilau

VentraIP increases charges due to cPanel increase 3 months 1 week ago #8611

• nicky
  • Thank you received: 11
I just got an email this morning advising my VentraIP reseller account is increasing by 28% on 1 October.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Terry. Reason: typo in heading
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozneilau

VentraIP increases charges due to cPanel increase 3 months 1 week ago #8613

• ozneilau
  • Expert Boarder
  • Joomla Fanatic
  • Thank you received: 15
Thanks Terry and Nicky. There's no sign so far that VentraIP shared web hosting accounts will be affected.
Webilicious Web Design and Development
webilicious.com.au
webhostingdownunder.com.au
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Terry. Reason: typo in heading
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds