Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Joomla! Mobile website

Joomla! Mobile website 7 years 7 months ago #6033

• marye78
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've built a joomla! website for one of our clients and they're happy to go for a mobile version as well.
Could you please give me an idea how and where should I start to build a mobile website based on the current joomla website?

I've done some investigation on web and it seems that "Mobile" extension is a popular one to start. Anybody have experience on it?

Thank you,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla! Mobile website 7 years 7 months ago #6034

• ywsolution
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Have a look at weeverapps.com/ - see it in action here sydney.joomladay.org.au/ (obvious look at it via a phone)

Re: Joomla! Mobile website 7 years 7 months ago #6038

• buipy001
  • Peter Bui
  • Thank you received: 25
Other options would be to have a look at some of the template frameworks out there that generate on browser type.

Gantry framework from Rocketheme and T3 from Joomlart both have built in mobile detectors and the ability to generate mobile layouts.

The other way is to make a fully responsive website with media queries that will automatically resize your website on different screen resolutions.

Preference on which solution you go on would be determined on your mobile strategy for the client.

-client usage/customer mobile usage.
-mobile marketing strategy
-native phone application
-social marketing engagement
Peter Bui

The only limitation is your imagination
pbwebdev.com

Twitter: twitter.com/astroboysoup
Facebook: facebook.com/pbwebdev

Re: Joomla! Mobile website 6 years 9 months ago #6796

Now a day's use of mobile and smart phones has been increasing. People now prefer to browse on mobile when they are out of home to search anything. But many times a website does not open because it is too big or a website is not compatible for mobile phones. You can search on Google for your queries.

Joomla! Mobile website 6 years 9 months ago #6797

• MaxTech
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
bit of an old thread to pop up - but I'd recommend to use Joostrap ... I reckon it's pretty awesome for mobile friendly responsive web design.
Founder & CEO @ molehill.com.au & successeng.in
Partner @ joostrap.com - Joomla! Website Templates & Responsive Web Design

Joomla! Mobile website 6 years 9 months ago #6799

• rsearle
  • Expert Boarder
  • I build and integrate serious business web applications using the best free open source platforms
  • Thank you received: 25
I use Mobile Joomla! myself. It gives you a useful level of mobility right out of the box, with no customisation at all. When you are ready you can customise it fully for each device you care about. Options include specific caching and compression control, subdomains, home pages, image and module control for individual mobile devices. It works even if your template was not designed for mobility.

The developers also host a pretty good library of mobile extensions.

The free version is ad-supported, but Mobile Joomla! provides a free plug-in that turns off the ads, although they do ask you not to use that unless you really need to. The paid versions of the extension add quite useful capabilities as well as removing the ads, and IMHO they are good value for money.

Cheers,

Russell
Psicom

Joomla! Mobile website 6 years 7 months ago #6894

Hi MaxTech you have given good information. I find it very useful. I am using it for developing my new mobile website. I also recommend to my friends working in Zippie Mobile as mobile website developer.

Joomla! Mobile website 6 years 5 months ago #6969

Hi Marye you can find free software's online which will help you in developing your mobile website. Or you can take the help of a professional. There are many companies which helps and gives you a training in mobile website development. You can contact them.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds