Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Can't logout!

Can't logout! 7 years 6 months ago #6140

• annie666
  • Fresh Boarder
I have just joined this group as I have recently volunteered to administer the Parkville Association website. It has been inactive for years! I have managed to get into the site to edit it recently on a number of occasions but now I cannot log out. When I return to the site I am already logged in which then blocks any other administrator from accessing the site. This was a problem left behind by the previous admin, which I thought I'd resolved.
I am also having problems uploading pdf newsletters even though I have followed the instructions left to me. Also would like to pin a Facebook "Like" button, but can't seem to do that either.
Many thanks from Anne
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't logout! 7 years 6 months ago #6142

• buipy001
  • Peter Bui
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi there Anne

It sounds like there might be some deeper issues there with the website and you'll need someone to have a look over it to see what is going on with your site. Feel free to call someone here on the forums, or in the directory. You can call us too 02 9357 4420

Not being able to log out of the website could be a number of issues. It might be worth updating the website to the latest version depending on what Joomla version your using. Joomla 1.5.x series or Joomla 1.7.x+ series.

If you're having issues uploading a PDF file then it might be a file/folder permission problem on the server.

Adding a "like" button is fairly easy but you might need to add some code to your site. I like to use the services of AddThis.com or ShareThis.com. There are also lots of Joomla extensions that can do the same job for you too.

One of these might work for that from the Joomla Extension directory:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-...share/facebook-share

Hope that helps.

Peter
Peter Bui

The only limitation is your imagination
pbwebdev.com

Twitter: twitter.com/astroboysoup
Facebook: facebook.com/pbwebdev
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds