Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Fatal Error message

Fatal Error message 7 years 1 month ago #6635

• jennymac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/gbvicorg/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 268

I have the same error message (above) as I did 8 months ago. :( I have not done anything to the website in 3 months. Today I went in to update and I can access very little. I have uploaded 3 photos via Cpanel file manager and I have unpublished 3 modules. Apart from that I can do nothing. I found the line of code shown below but I have no idea what to do with it. I went into MyPhp and it may as well have been Chinese.
Anyone able to help me out?

Blessings
Jenny
Jenny McWilliam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fatal Error message 7 years 1 month ago #6636

• rsearle
  • Expert Boarder
  • I build and integrate serious business web applications using the best free open source platforms
  • Thank you received: 25
What version of Joomla! are you running? I'm looking at a v2.5.6 site and line 268 of libraries/joomla/html/editor.php is in the middle of a PHPDocumentor block for the display() method. I also can't find the method call stdClass::onDisplay() (or any likely variant) anywhere in the system, although if it did exist then it might well be found somewhere around that location in editor.php.

There is a call to $plugin->onDisplay($editor, $this->asset, $this->author) at line 459 in my version of editor.php. This would probably be related to calling editor plugins. You could try changing your default editor in the Global Configuration or on your user profile (to, say, JCE). You might also try disabling all the editor plugins one at a time in the Plug-in Manager (to find them, filter the list by type editors and editors-xtd). The actual line is about authenticating the current user to each plug-in, so if you get some reaction to disabling plugins, then you could look at the Access setting for that plugin to see if it's appropriate.

I suggest that you zip up the whole libraries/joomla/html folder and post it so we can get a look at what's in it. Also please specify your Joomla! version so we can load the folder in context in the right version of Joomla and get a look at the dependencies that it's trying to call.

Better still, here is a post that will probably nail it for you.

Cheers,

Russell
Psicom
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by rsearle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds