Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Great online site for clients to edit their photos for web content

Great online site for clients to edit their photos for web content 11 months 4 weeks ago #8524

• Cameron S
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
For me training clients to upload their own content can be a fun part of the job. However editing photos for the web, especially for the relatively uninitiated, can be hit or miss. The default photo editing software which comes with Windows 10 just isn't up to the job.

For my own use I use Fireworks but my client base mostly couldn't justify the expense of either it nor something like Photoshop.

Open source Gimp is an option and there is a 'save for the web' plugin, but clients have tended to find it a bit daunting.

However I think I have found a solid solution. The site is photopea.com and so far it has been terriffic. I have just given some training for a Community Newspaper site which is posting articles daily and it went like a breeze. The contributors work from home with varying skill sets which made Photopea ideal.

One of the most welcome features is its focus on saving for web. The Export button gives a great preview screen where the user employs a slider at adjust quality. Having a kb number displayed as they are doing so make it very simple. The age old directive of "Nothing over 150kb" is easily maintained.

There are some automatic settings for enhancing the images but the manual tweeking is really well laid out with a single click "Old way" button to flick between the original and the adjusted.

The link can be installed as an app with one click.

There is a heap of features I have yet to explore but I have been very impressed with the site and hats off to the developer.

Cheers
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicky

Great online site for clients to edit their photos for web content 11 months 2 weeks ago #8525

• pjackson
  • Thank you received: 44
Cameron,

Thanks for introducing photopea.

I've got clients using a mixture of pixlr.com/x/ (previous version at www.pixlr.com/editor is flash based so is on it's way out) and www.canva.com depending on what the end need has been. Photopea looks to meet some other criteria.

Patrick
Patrick Jackson | Melbourne Australia | Certified Joomla Administrator
linktr.ee/partic
Ask Anything Joomla and I'll helpfully tell you where to go :)
Australian Joomla Community: fb.me/JoomlaAu
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds