Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a Joomla problem? Post as much detail about it as you can here to see if you can get a solution.

Help others in the community - post your Joomla tips and how-tos here.

TOPIC: Using Remember Me in the Administraor session.

Using Remember Me in the Administraor session. 1 month 4 days ago #8629

• Terry
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi,

I was looking for an extension or means by which I could avoid having to enter a user id and password each time my session expired when working in the back end.

After some trial and a lot of error I found that you can achieve this using Joomla core features, no extras required.

First up you need to make sure the supplied system Plugin, Remember Me is active, which is easy enough in the front end, just see if the check box appears in Login screen or module. If not, enable it in the Extensions->Plugins area of the administrator section.

You also need to update the Global Configuration for the site to use Shared Sessions. Again in the administrator area System->Global Configuration-> System tab and at the bottom of Session Settings is Share Sessions, make that Yes. This allows you to login once for the front and back ends and the Remember Me plugin auto logins you in when either session expires.

And the last step is to log out of the back end and front end.

Now login to the front end and make sure you tick the box 'Remember Me' and then Login to the back end that is it.

Because the sessions are shared and you have Remember Me switched on you shouldn't get bothered for a user id and password for about a month.

Terry
Been working with Joomla for Fun and Work for 10 years.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicky
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds