Joomla Australia are becoming a subcommittee of Linux Australia.
Over the past few years, Joomla Australia volunteers have been working behind the scenes on working towards the direction Joomla Australia should take. With a new .org.au domain name requirement being introduced at the start of the year, the pace changed.
Joomla Australia is now becoming a formal subcomittee of Linux Australia. Amongst the features the new structure provides, it gives the subcommittee access to bank accounts, insurance, seed funding for events and access to grants through Linux Australia's operations.
The interim committee consists of Stuart Robertson, Tim Plummer, Nathan Morrow, Nicky Veitch and Patrick Jackson.
The interim committee have assembled three documents that together make up the intial content for the discussion on the structure of the commitee.
Viewers of the above documents are able to contribute comments for consideration for inclusion into the final versions.
Information & Discussion Session
Joomla Australia held an information and discussion session on Tuesday August 17 2021 for user group participants to have their say in the direction being proposed.
- Discussion of Foundation Membership and General Membership options
- Foundation Membership - joining this year, proposed intial membership fee of $5, allows voting rights. Membership through to 30 June 2022
- General Membership - outline ongoing membership rights, benefits, fees.
- Membership Period - Options for consideration
- Financial Year with Pro-rata
- Rolling anniversary membership
- Membership management via website using OSMembership
- Voting rights & Voting
- Voting rights granted to current paid members at time of election
- Voting managed through either services like adoodle.org or look at a Joomla component.
Note from the information and discussion session are available via the link below.
Participants in Australia's User Groups with an interest in the structure being proposed and adopted can contact the interim committee (if you don't have our contacts, message us from the Facebook page) or provide feedback by commenting on the documents linked above.
Joomla Australia will be collating feedback through to September 14 2021, and then will provide an update at the next Joomla Australia Virtual User Group on September 21 which ideally includes information on how to become a Foundation Member, a call for candidates for the new committee, and scheduling a date for an initial general meeting to elect office bearers.