- 19 October 2021
Joomla 4 Web Services API Introduction
Joomla 4 has a new Web Services API. Tonight we'll be answering questions on what you might use it for and how to go about configuring it on your Joomla 4 website.
Here's some of the ways you can leverage web services:
- Use the Web Services API to share articles and content between various websites in a network. You might for example be a website implementer, and you could create your own custom help pages to push out using the Web Services API to all your client sites.
- You could use the Web Services API to connect your website to a third party data source, such as a Business Directory with it’s own API, and then use the Joomla Web Services API to populate your articles from the directory’s API.
- You could use the Web Services API to manage banner advertising on your website network, and integrate reporting and invoicing from Joomla directly into Xero using the Web Services API for both systems.
- If data distribution’s your thing you could use the Web Services API to be the datasource for a headless CMS.
- Thinking further outside the box, you could use the Web Services API to manage a range of IoT devices. A simple example is that when someone submits an article to your website, you could set your internet connected light to change colours.
We hope there's many more examples that can be thought of tonight.
Check out last year's magazine article for an introduction: https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/august-2020/joomla-web-services-api-101-tokens,-testing-and-a-taste-test
- 6:00: Start & Intros
- 6:05: 10 minute topic
- 6:15: Keynote
- 6:45: Q&A
- 7:00: Joomla Announcements
- 7:05: General Q&A through to close.